Thursday 4 October 2007

All's well that ends well ... or is it?

Finally, the right sized replacement wheels arrived on Wednesday ... so back in action and able to use my new wheelchair again. As Elton John sang, "Sorry seems to be the hardest word" not one word of apology that my chair let me down so badly has been uttered!

Aparently the wheels I have now been supplied from Spinergy via my wheelcahir supplier are non faulty types with reinforced hubs ... well see chaps won't we? The average length of life of a wheelchair is meant to be 3 years, so I'll have plenty of time to find out! Forgive me if I seem a tad cynical, but this new chair does seem to be a bit of a lemon, I'm hoping I have had all the teething problems in the first two months and it will be plain sailing from here on in.

The problem is, when a wheelchair fails, especially away from home, one is left up the creek without a paddle, or in this recent case, in the gutter in a dark street, miles from home on a Saturday night!
Pictures of the wheel hub showing where the spokes ripped the hub, and also showing how the wheel buckled under the chair.

1 comment:

Tanya said...

My fingers are crossed for no further problems! Many thanks to the police and train staff for saving the both of you from harms way!