Tuesday 29 January 2008

More wheelchair woes!

The week before Christmas, my wheelchair, yes, the new one, went kaput again! After some negotiations, it was taken back by the manufacturers for checks and was returned apparently repaired.

All was well whilst I only used the chair indoors over Christmas, however on my second outing with it, the same front wheel buckled under again and rendered the chair pretty much useless.

I really don't understand what the problem is, young wheelchair using guys do all sorts of acrobatics in theirs and they are fine, but as a middle aged woman I don't seem to be able to hit the smallest of stones before it buckles under ... considering the chair was meant to have been built for me, to suit my size and so on, it doesn't really make any sense whatsoever.

So, back to the manufacturer for the fourth time (I think it is the fourth, starting to lose count), they have now apparently found a problem with it they missed last time and also finally have acknowledged my feeling that the frame was twisted. So, I have been without it for a fortnight and it isn't likely to be ready for at least another week.

I'm starting to feel like I have a lemon of a chair ... my previous ones have been made in Sweden and Switzerland but this time I was determined to buy British ... hmmmmmm!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OH My! I thought you had your new chair back long ago! Sorry to hear about your wheelchair woes! Hopefully they fix the problem soon, OR fit you with a new one altogether!

Many hugs! Tanya and Brooke