Tuesday 24 July 2007

Assistance Dogs need to go to the toilet too you know!

Ok so it is raining. In fact it has been raining for days. So much so that many towns and villages in England are flooded. Thankfully our area isn't too bad and hasn't suffered badly.
Nevertheless it took a few minutes to get garbed up in waterproofs to walk the dog today, and off we went. Practically had the heath to ourselves though, that is until we bumped into a somewhat infrequent visitor there with their dog. "I didn't expect to see you today!" they offered.
"Why ever not?" "I asked,
"Well it's very wet and I thought you would be indoors this weather"
I was stiffling back my laughter and replied "Well assistance dogs do need to go to the toilet too you know, no matter what the weather".
She clarified, "Yes I know that, but what about you in the rain? You'll get wet and you might sink!"
Aaaah, now I was starting to understand where she was coming from but then realised that if she walked her dog in the rain a little more often she would already know that I walk my dog come rain or shine! Thanks to my trusty all terrain Tramper buggy I haven't been caught out yet!

No comments: