Sunday 27 April 2008

Thumbs Up! Thumbs Down!

Well this week has been one of those up and down weeks, meetings in London meant that we needed to stay in another hotel and use the public transport in the city.

Firstly, a huge Thumbs Up to The City Inn, for not only having all their alarm cords easily accessible, not only for removing unecessary furniture from our room, but also for providing Caesar with a wonderfully comfortable bed to sleep in and nice big dog bowl. Great stuff!



Welcome to The City Inn!


Thumbs Down to the people on the Jubilee Line train who thoughtlessly stood in the doorway, acting like lemmings, preventing easy access to the doors at our stop, in spite of being asked politely to move and make a clear gangway, causing my wheelchair to become caught in the doors of the train and a few missed heartbeats!

Thumbs Down to the woman with a pushchair at London Bridge underground who tried to insist I remove my dog from the lift, and almost immediately rammed said pushchair into my knuckles ... great community spirit!

And finally, Thumbs Up to the staff at Westminster tube station, who in spite of a broken lift, ensured I caught my train and offered to phone ahead as well!

I guess you win a few and lose a few, but the bruised knuckles and stuck in a train door episode rather coloured the trip!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Fantastic hotel catering for the assistance dogs like that! But what about those idiots on the underground? I hope they have learned from their inconsiderate lemming behaviour, and what about the puschair? Sheesh! I really wouldn't have the patience you do to deal with all these idiots!